By Hugh Dougherty
Former County Donegal Railways Joint Committee 2-6-4T No. 4 Meenglas came home to Derry/Londonderry on January 30.
The return follows a £45,000 cosmetic overhaul by Heritage Engineering Ireland (HEI) at Whitehead.
The 1907-built Nasmyth Wilson locomotive is back on display outside the Foyle Valley Railway Museum (FVRM), where it has been resident since 1989.
The museum is leased from Derry & Strabane District Council by Destined, a charity for action for people with learning disabilities, which has not only reopened the museum, but also plans to reinstate operations on the long-dormant Foyle Valley Railway.
Read more in the March 2019 issue of The RM – on sale now!
Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.