GRAHAM Morris’ Andrew Barclay 0-4-0WT Glyder (1994/1931) steamed for the first time since 1965 on June 19 at Beamish.
It was originally supplied to Durham County Water Board (DCWB) to work on the dam contract at Burnhope in Weardale in the early-1930s, where it was named Grey.
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
At the end of the contract it was sold to the Penrhyn slate quarry and stored at Port Penrhyn until 1952 when it was brought into use, and renamed Glyder, following an overhaul at
Read more in the August 2019 issue of The RM – on sale now!