AMBERLEY’S Rail Gala on July 14-15 centred on marking the 100th anniversary of the museum’s Bagnall 0-4-0ST Peter (2067/1918).
Peter was acquired by the Narrow Gauge Railway Society in 1954, and in 1965 became part of the Brockham collection, which relocated to Amberley in 1982.
Following a lengthy restoration Peter became operational at Amberley in 1994.
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Peter’s centenary was celebrated with three cheers, cutting of a birthday cake and a toast.
The loco is due out of traffic at the end of the year, with the event also heralding the launch of a £40,000 campaign to finance a new boiler. The fund has already been boosted by donations from Cliffe Hill Quarry and the Narrow Gauge Railway Society.
July 14 also saw a formal exchange of locomotive works plates for Pecketts Nos. 1315 and 1316.
Read more in the September issue of The RM – on sale now!Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.