SIX Douglas Bay Horse Tramway trams were sold by auction on August 27 for a combined total of £9,200, reports Cliff Thomas.
The sale was announced, at short notice, by Douglas Borough Council, with removal from Strathallan Depot by purchasers required by September 30. The trams, not currently in use and all needing restoration, were built by George Milnes and comprise Winter Saloon No. 28 (built 1892), 1896-built Bulkhead Toast Rack’s Nos. 33, 34 and 37, and 1902-built Open Toast Rack’s Nos. 39 and 40.
Neither the vehicles, nor the Queens Promenade stables site, were included in the transfer of operational trams to Isle of Man Transport (see p101).
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Read more in September’s issue of The RMEnjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.