South West Trains has put together a package of prizes in a charity auction it is running on the online auction site eBay.
The operator is aiming to raise £20,000 for four charities and SWT will match the proceeds. The charities are:
- Autism Wessex which provides high quality specialist services for anyone affected by autism from Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
- On Course Foundation – supporting the recovery of wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans through golf.
- Southbank Sinfonia – a Waterloo-based orchestra that brings together 33 outstanding music graduates from all over the world to share classical music with a diverse audience; helping people to discover live orchestral music for the first time.
- Active Communities Network – working with local communities in the Leigh Park area to deliver an enriched programme of sports, arts and culture for young people, aged primarily between 9 and 19 years old.
Two specific prizes of interest to Railway Magazine readers are a Train Driver Simulator Experience for Two and will include:
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
- A cab ride from one of our principal stations to Basingstoke – see the railway from the first hand perspective of our drivers
- An hour-long session on our driver training simulators under the professional instruction of a qualified trainer
- First class tickets to any South West Trains station to get you home
Plus a ‘Behind The Scenes Railway Experience’ for up to eight people, comprising:
- First class travel to / from Wimbledon on South West Trains services.
- A guided tour of the Wimbledon Traincare Depot – home of our recently refurbished 456 fleet.
- An accompanied visit to a local signal box
Other auction items include:
- A golf glove signed by Colin Montgomerie
- An all blacks t-shirt signed by Sean Fitzpatrick
- Orchestra experience for four
- 2 day Golf Break at Q-Hotels Resort
- British cycling Team 2010 signed jersey
- England Rugby Squad 2015/16 signed ball
The auction runs from today (Aug 22) until August 31. Click the links above to go to the eBay bidding page – and check the T&Cs for each prize.
Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.