The Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway is to welcome two visiting locomotives when it hosts its Summer Steam & Beer Extravaganza event.
The July 13-14 event will see two Exmoor-built locomotives visiting the railway for the first time – 0-4-0STT St Egwin from the Evesham Vale Light Railway and 0-6-0 Sandy from the private Wotton Light Railway in Wotton Underwood, Buckinghamshire.
- Other attractions will include:
- Rides on 7¼in gauge demonstration track;
- Traction engines on display;
- The exhibition of model railway layout ‘Borth, Aberdovey & Ynyslas Miniature Railway’;
- A fairground organ;
- An intensive timetable;
- A bouncy castle;
- A large range of real ales available from the line’s award-winning pub ‘The Signal Box Inn’; and live entertainment.
Normal train fares will apply – with day rover tickets also available.
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
In a separate development, the friendly 15in gauge seaside line has boosted its locomotive fleet this year with the arrival on loan from the Longleat Railway of No. 5 Ceawlin, a steam outline 0-8-2DH built by Severn Lamb/J.Hayton in 1975.
Trains are currently running daily every 30 minutes.