DE Winton 0-4-0VBT Watkin was moved into a display location in Welsh Highland Railway’s new £3million Caernarfon station at the beginning of April.
The 1893-built locomotive was built at De Winton’s Caernarfon works on the waterfront, just yards from the new station.
After working on the Penmaenmawr granite quarries’ jetty it became derelict by 1944.
It was privately bought in 1946 and joined the National Trust’s industrial locomotive collection at Penrhyn Castle in May 1972, where it was cosmetically restored.
Read more News and Features in the June 2019 issue of The RM –on sale now!