We’ve got some great prizes – superb models and fantastic railway reads – which must be won. And all you have to do to stand a chance of winning is go on our digital treasure hunt and enter by sending the form in from the current issue!
We have 26 businesses who have provided us with a question… Search for the answer, fill in the form from the March issue of The Railway Magazine and return it to us and you’ll be in with a chance of scooping a great prize.
Once completed send the entry form to: The Railway Magazine March issue Treasure Hunt Competition, Mortons Media Group Ltd, PO BOX 99, Horncastle, Lincs, LN9 6JZ
- York Modelmaking provides an online shop and a bespoke laser-cutting service. How big are the firm’s largest laser beds?
- What gauge is the live steam ‘Duchess’ Pacific in lined BR maroon? www.steamwaysengineering.co.uk
- Which charity do the Friends of Stapleford Miniatiture Railway events support?
- How many surnames are included in the index?
- How many lodges are in the 47-acre Landal Darwin Forest holiday park?
- What is Peter Maryniak collecting? Please see the classified pages
- In which city were The Old Station’s carriages built in 1968-9?
- What event is planned for September 9 and 10?
- How many people can Farndale accommodate?
- Which charity is the May 27-29 event supporting?
- What can you save on annual membership by paying with a standing order?
- What is the cost for family entry to the Famous Trains model railway exibit? www.famoustrains.org.uk
- Where will the loco struggle but ultimately reach?
- In which year did Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ride the footplate?
- Making a fantastic gift, how much is sponsorship for a year of one of the Pit Pony Sanctuary’s ponies?
- Lawrence of Arabia’s first attack on the Hejaz Railway was at Abu Na’am Station. What is the meaning of Abu Na’am?
- What is the number of the MK 1 coach the Northampton and Lamport Railway is restoring?
- Into the Blue offer days out at multiple railways across the UK, but how much is it to drive a train at Sherwood Forest?
- What is the name of the arena hosting the National Garden Railway Show event on April 15?
- Which is Railholiday’s wheelchair-friendly carriage?
- How many times a year do members receive a copy of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Society’s magazine?
- Where and when is the spring meeting of The Gresley Society?
- How much is joint membership of the Diesel and Electric Preservation Group?
- What is the expected time of departure from Woking on the Railway Touring Company’s Dorset Coast expresses this summer?
- What time does Bancroft Mill Engine Museum open on Steaming Days?
- How much do you pay for a year’s subscription to 24Trains.TV?
Entries must be with us by April 19, 2023.
■ Photocopies are accepted.
■ For full terms and conditions visit : www.mortons.co.uk/terms
■ The winner will be chosen at random and contacted.
Hornby 00 BR Hawksworth
Passenger Brake W325W
Hornby 00 OTA Timber Wagon
Diesels, Dragons & Daffs by Colin Scott
The Steam Locomotive by Ken Gibbs
Furness Railway – A View from the Past by Howard Quayle
The Hejaz Railway by James Nicholson
Rails to the Sea by John Hadrill
Goodbye Vapeur Francaise by Terence Dorrity
The Heyday of the Class 40s by Gavin Morrison
Green Diesels in Photographs by Brian J Dickson
Across the Tracks by Dundalk Railway
Heritage Society & RPSI
The Life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel by Isambard Brunel
Running Out of Steam by Ray Fincham
Lost Railways of North Wales by Mark Jones
Bluebell Railway by Keith Leppard
FOFNL 25 by The Friends at the Far North Line