London Transport Museum in Covent Garden is opening its doors after dark for two final Friday Lates this year.
Elizabeth line Late, 21 October (Rescheduled)
Electric Late, 11 November
Enjoy more Railway reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
London Transport Museum, Covent Garden
Adults only, Tickets £15
On Friday 21 October, guests can celebrate the opening of the Elizabeth line, the capital’s new railway, and on Friday 11 November, ticket holders can delve into all things electric at an event inspired by the power that keeps the capital moving.
Elizabeth line Late, Friday 21 October
This event was originally due to take place on Friday 9 September but was postponed out of respect following the passing of Her Majesty the Queen.
Journey around a giant Elizabeth line map and stop at different stations to enjoy nostalgic games from different decades of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, the line’s royal namesake. Think hopscotch and Snakes and Ladders to wristband making, all led by quirky costumed historical characters from whichever decade you find yourself in.
At the Elizabeth line Late visitors can also:
- Enjoy a line-up of lively short talks which will explore the secrets of the Elizabeth line, from its historical origins to how the Museum is documenting its story for visitors of the future
- Put on their purple thinking caps and test their knowledge about London’s latest railway in a pub-style quizhosted by Drag Queen Storytime host, The Nightbus
- Take on a crafty and creative challengetobuild their very own railway station
- ‘Drive’ an Elizabeth line train in the Future Engineers gallery and climb aboard historic buses, Tube trains and trams from days gone by
Elizabeth line-inspiredpurple margaritas will be served at the bar and the Museum’s galleries and exhibitions can be explored after dark, including the award-winning Hidden London exhibition in the Global Gallery.
Elizabeth line Friday Late ticket information
Adult tickets cost £15 and £12 for concessions. Over 18s only. Tickets must be booked in advance at ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/elizabeth-line-late
Electric Late, Friday 11 November
Power up for an electrifying night of science experiments, talks and creative workshops. Explore the galleries, grab a drink, and discover how electricity has shaped London and its transport system through the ages – from the early days of electric travel to the oyster card revolution, art and design, station architecture and visions of London’s electric future.
At the Electric Friday Late visitors can:
- Discover what a glowing gherkin has to do with the early days of electric innovation at a lively science show from the Royal Institution’s demonstration team.
- Delve into the ways electricity has shaped life in the capital through a series of talks that explore everything from the expansion of the London Underground network to art and design, station architecture and sustainability.
- Get creative in the Electric Play Zone. Experiment with DIY snap circuits, try your hand at coding, and make something sparky to take away.
- Explore the Museum galleries on an electricity themed trail. Find all the collection objects on the trail to be in with the chance of winning a London Underground Lightbox from the London Transport Museum shop.
- Enjoy themed drinks throughout the night, plus an electronic soundtrack.
Electric Late ticket information
Adult tickets cost £15 and £12 for concessions. Over 18s only. Tickets must be booked in advance at ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/electric-late