THE sole-surviving 3ft-gauge horse tram from Soloman Andrews’ Pwllheli & Llanbedrog Tramway appears to be standing up well to the elements at the Plas Glan y Weddw arts centre.
The 1897-built enclosed Brush car has been on outdoor display at the site it once served since 2016, following an agreement between Pwllheli Town Council and Plas Glyn y Weddw.
It was refurbished in 2014 with funding from the Llŷn Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The car, which was discovered in a farmer’s field in 1967, is pictured on March 20. MARTIN EVANS
Read more News and Features in the June 2019 issue of The RM –on sale now!