BLACKPOOL ‘Standard’ car No. 147 re-entered service on March 31 after a two-year absence from ‘home’ metals.
The 1924-built, double-decker returned from a year-long loan to Beamish in March 2017, and since then has undergone an extensive refurbishment at Rigby Road Depot.The work has included body repairs, replacement of several ruby quarterlight panes, full internal re-varnish, and a repaint into green and ivory livery with ‘Blackpool Corporation’ on the upper-deck sides.
The newly outshopped tram is seen heading away from the Pleasure Beach with an afternoon service to North Pier on April 3. STEVE SIENKIEWICZ
Read more News and Features in the June issue of The RM – on sale now!Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.