28 January 2015
THAMES Water is facing a multi-million pound bill for compensation following the burst water main and several other leaks from other water pipes hat have disrupted Thameslink services between St Pancras and Farringdon since January 23.
17 January 2015
MAJOR disruption to has occurred again after a smouldering truck on board a freight shuttle triggered CO2 sensors in the Channel Tunnel. The problem was at the French end and was being dealt with by response units from the Calais area.
- Network Rail publishes Christmas chaos report
- Network Rail criticised over London Bridge chaos
- Major engineering overrun closes King's Cross on Dec 27
- Talyllyn's Secret Santa Surprise
- Stagecoach/Virgin bid wins East Coast franchise
- Doncaster P2 group holds first convention
- Last ditch bid to save one of last MGR wagon
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
7 April 2014
Branding a train with a vinyl wrap or selective vinyl patches is a complex and interesting activity. Here for the first time, courtesy of Stewart Signs and Virgin Trains, is a speeded up stage-by-stage view of the process from the initial discussion and design stage to the application of the vinyls to the full sized train. Pendolino No. 390155 was launched into traffic by stars Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy at London Euston on March 31.
Current Issue: Jan 2015
• Virgin branding for East Coast
• First Railtour with a Class 68
• How a railway tunnel is built
• TR locos as you've never seen them
• 34051 refreshed for Churchill anniversary
• Rail Holiday Guide
• North-East Pacifics
• Cecil J Allen story
• Next issue on sale: February 4, 2015