- Striking ferry workers in second “Chunnel” blockade
- Chiltern to auction Class 67 nameplates
- Ian Allan dies, aged 92
- E320 Eurostar in daylight test
- Electrification schemes “paused” as rail spending crisis bites
- Just 100 air show charter train tickets left
- SPECIAL RM READERS” DAY AT THE STATFOLD RAILWAY
- Shortlisted bidders for East Anglia franchise announced
1 July 2015
In our popular series featuring lines ‘raised from the dead’, Cliff Thomas concludes the story of the ambitious extension project that has re-connected the Swanage Railway to the national network and enhanced its status as a heritage world star.
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
7 April 2014
Branding a train with a vinyl wrap or selective vinyl patches is a complex and interesting activity. Here for the first time, courtesy of Stewart Signs and Virgin Trains, is a speeded up stage-by-stage view of the process from the initial discussion and design stage to the application of the vinyls to the full sized train. Pendolino No. 390155 was launched into traffic by stars Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy at London Euston on March 31.
Current Issue: July 2015
Rail Holidays: We show you where to go - 9-page guide
Leander joins LMS line-up as RM's Barrow Hill gala promises to be best yet
Nuneaton smash: Now it can be told
Virgin unveils new-look HST
Statfold Readers' Day
Tornado in Scotland
• Next issue on sale: August 5, 2015