21 November 2014
THE Doncaster-based P2 Locomotive Trust which is behind the Cock of the North project and aiming to create a streamlined version of the Gresley design will hold its first major convention at the Mansion House, Doncaster on December 13 at 1pm. The event is open to enthusiasts and the public.
- Prototype HST power car works first train for 38 years
- Last call for Pretendolino charity farewell
- Special train will help British Legion Poppy appeal
- First offered further extension to Great Western franchise
- No services at Strathspey in November
- First Group loses ScotRail franchise to Abellio
- Be a part of charity charter as Virgin bids farewell to ‘Pretendolino’ carriages
- Pay on the day option for Etches Park open day
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
7 April 2014
Branding a train with a vinyl wrap or selective vinyl patches is a complex and interesting activity. Here for the first time, courtesy of Stewart Signs and Virgin Trains, is a speeded up stage-by-stage view of the process from the initial discussion and design stage to the application of the vinyls to the full sized train. Pendolino No. 390155 was launched into traffic by stars Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy at London Euston on March 31.
Current Issue: Nov 2014
♦ East Coast's tribute to our fallen soldiers
♦ New owner for A2 Blue Peter
♦ The station bookstalls story
♦ Double-headed 'streaks'
♦ 59003 is back home
♦ Class 87s in Bulgaria
♦ Secret passenger line
♦ Railway detectives
• Next issue on sale: December 3, 2014