2 April 2015
NETWORK Rail has served an unprecedented blanket ban covering all West Coast Railway Company operations amid safety concerns. It has left the short term of future of many charter operations in disarray.
31 March 2015
FOLLOWING last year’s successful collaboration between Virgin Trains, Direct Rail Services and The Railway Magazine running a charter train that raised £20,000 for the Royal British Legion, a second train is being planned to for August 22 that will visit the Bournemouth air show.
- First new Class 800 IEP train arrives
- Major rail schemes set to disrupt Easter travel
- Hitachi signs contract with Abellio Scotrail for 70 new EMUs
- Virgin faces East Coast open access challenge from First Group
- Landslip line to reopen three weeks early
- DRS to hold 20th anniversary open day
- East Coast's Red Revolution
- Thames Water faces massive bill for Thameslink disruption
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
7 April 2014
Branding a train with a vinyl wrap or selective vinyl patches is a complex and interesting activity. Here for the first time, courtesy of Stewart Signs and Virgin Trains, is a speeded up stage-by-stage view of the process from the initial discussion and design stage to the application of the vinyls to the full sized train. Pendolino No. 390155 was launched into traffic by stars Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy at London Euston on March 31.
Current Issue: Mar 2015
Barrow Hill to stage ‘diesel rarities’ gala
The Henry Casserley story
The man who inspired a generation of enthusiasts
Reach for the sky!
Aerial photography from ‘drones’
Free supplement inside
32 full colour portraits of pre-grouping locomotives
Freightliner group sold
Gloucs Warks extension
• Next issue on sale: 1st April 2014