11 March 2015
THE incoming Scotrail franchisee, Abellio, has signed a contract with Hitachi Rail Europe for the provision and maintenance of 70 new EMUs. The trains will be financed by Caledonian Rail Leasing.
- Virgin faces East Coast open access challenge from First Group
- Landslip line to reopen three weeks early
- DRS to hold 20th anniversary open day
- East Coast's Red Revolution
- Thames Water faces massive bill for Thameslink disruption
- Another lorry fire closes Channel Tunnel
- Weather disrupts Scotland's rail services
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
7 April 2014
Branding a train with a vinyl wrap or selective vinyl patches is a complex and interesting activity. Here for the first time, courtesy of Stewart Signs and Virgin Trains, is a speeded up stage-by-stage view of the process from the initial discussion and design stage to the application of the vinyls to the full sized train. Pendolino No. 390155 was launched into traffic by stars Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy at London Euston on March 31.
Current Issue: Mar 2015
Barrow Hill to stage ‘diesel rarities’ gala
The Henry Casserley story
The man who inspired a generation of enthusiasts
Reach for the sky!
Aerial photography from ‘drones’
Free supplement inside
32 full colour portraits of pre-grouping locomotives
Freightliner group sold
Gloucs Warks extension
• Next issue on sale: 1st April 2014