28 November 2013
FAMOUS locomotives including V2 No. 4771 Green Arrow, D11 No. 506 Butler-Henderson and even the APT-E driving car could be on display at the new world class railway museum at the Great Central Railway in Leicestershire – provided a bid for £10million of Heritage Lottery Funding is approved.
- 'Jubilee' Bahamas to visit the home of The RM
- P2 No. 2007 will be named ‘Prince of Wales’
- ‘Met’ steam finale to Uxbridge
- Want to write for The Railway Magazine?
- Eurostar to Amsterdam in 2016
- Abellio recruiting customer service staff
- ‘Scotsman’ goes to Bury for assessment
- Class 91 and Mk 4 set get Sky TV branding
Other Feature Articles
14 November 2013
I’D like to thank your readers for their generous response to our Bridge to the Future article and appeal in the November issue. In the days following The Railway Magazine feature, the rate of donations coming into the Great Central Railway headquarters more than tripled!
Current Issue: Christmas 2013
132-page collectors' edition
Christmas souvenir issue
Railways & the Arts
Music ♦ Books ♦ Theatre ♦ Poetry ♦ Paintings ♦ Radio
Plus all your usual news, views and pictures
• Next issue on sale: January 3, 2014